Started uploading my cosplay videos to Youtube, like this one of me recreating Liz’s idle fidgeting in Battleship Bay. I’m planning to do more, so be sure to subscribe if you want the first heads up (and if not I’ll most likely be posting them here as well).
net neutrality is so important
since it just got repealed, cable companies now can charge extra for speed for site hosts, which means sites like netflix, youtube or really any site in the world have to pay extra in order to have the maximum speeds for customers
- small companies that might be doing rly great shit won’t be able to handle a lot of customers bc it might be too expensive to pay for higher speeds
- big sites like tumblr/twitter/facebook are going to have to pay extra money so you can get your content as fast as possible, and guess who’s going to have to bear that extra cost (hint: us)
- cable companies already have a monopoly over cable/telephone networks (there’s only like 3 major ones and comcast makes up for more than 50% of america’s cable rn, not good) but now they’re going to control internet speeds too, which means they can do whatever they want to the speeds of your favorite sites and you can’t even switch out since they have no competition
- if they don’t like the site for a political reason, they can increase prices to however high they want, therefore slowing the site down by so much that they can’t function anymore
- they say they’re making an “internet fast lane” but really what it means is that most sites (unless they got the $$$) are going to be on the slow lane by default
so please, sign this petition to let the government know you’re fucking pissed about this
Just wanted to let you guys know that at the end of this week I will be taking down the Lutece mugs from my other Etsy shop since I have a lot coming up on my plate. I’m doing $5 off for anyone who wants to jump on them now (enter code 5WOULDYOUKINDLY). They’ll be back around late November/early December otherwise.
Alright, we’ve got just about one week left on my fundraiser. Looking to get to $1,000, which is only $341 to go. As you know, a $1 donation** gets you a vote on my next cosplay. I think I’ve exhausted the list so far, but I want to add another Dota hero to it for shits and giggles. Comment/reblog/PM with which you like best, and the winner will make it to the You Vote list!
**all donations get one vote!
***voting on this ends 9/12
All of these Halloween costumes are now available in my shop!
Looking to replay the success we had with the Luteces at NYCC ‘13 and get Past is Present Designs’ name out there to launch my business more— 11 days left on my fundraiser! $1 gets you a vote on my next cosplay! $10 prints available!
Anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated!
Getting ready to sell some of my old Halloween costumes! These two Titanic costumes, as well as a few others, will be in the Etsy shop Friday!
That’d be interesting. Not sure if I’d want to do it directly on the costume, but adding some into the makeup might be fun. I’m going all out with the crystals as well, so some might make its way there too. Thanks for the suggestion! And thanks in general; it’s nice to have encouragement. :)
Crystal Maiden cosplay progress. Not sure if I’m 100% happy with it, but I’m hoping I’ll change my mind once it comes together more. Thoughts, fellow Dota players?
Just wanted to remind you guys that I am an Open Book Cosplayer. If you ever need help with costuming stuff (cosplay or general) feel free to send me an ask!
Did you know that just $1 to my fundraiser gets you a vote on my next cosplay? I’ve been revealing some of the choices on the list for the You Vote Perk every week on my Facebook—- so far we’ve got Steampunk Princess Serenity, Asami, Lin, Meria, and Sophie. Lots more details on the plans for each one over on my page.
$1 donations add up! And if you can’t donate, please share anywhere you’d like. Both of these things seem like nothing, but they really do help! We’ve got just one more month to go!
So happy Windranger’s Array of Tranquility set made it out of the workshop (and also that I managed to get it on the first try with the treasure)! Totally doing it when I get to cosplaying her.
Myself as laboratory!Rosalind at Otakon on Sunday. Robert took the pictures.
(I had gloves but took them off for break time)
Oh, god. I might cry this is that awesome. And also jealous I didn’t think of it first (but may borrow the idea for when I go to DragonCon and PAX by myself as Rosalind next year…).